Dear Community Helpers,
Thank you for offering to come to the ranch and help us with these one-time projects. Please email our Miriam Dudley at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you would like to contribute.
Below is a listing of Promise Ranch special projects with a description and skill set specified in parentheses, to include:
- Repair or replace the hinges for the cow pen gate closest to the front pasture access. (mechanical)
- Readjust and repair all gates for the animal access areas. (mechanical)
- Rake the fallen/loose hay off the pallets, place into a wheelbarrow/plastic tub. One for hay, one for alfalfa. Pallets visible for safety. (general)
- Replace 2 missing metal screen frames with mesh and tubing in the arena building. (general, drive a car to store).
- Remove all rubber mats in arena walkway. Add dirt to length of pathway to regrade. Replace mats with edges touching; no raised edges.
- Machine-sand grey paint surface on wood length of arena ramp walkway, steps and single platform unit. Prime and repaint surface with no sheen grey color. Redo the yellow safety line the same way.
- Paint (10) window double shutters and 4 single entry metal doors on exterior of arena building. Color code provided and discounted source.
- Design a self-run fundraiser to purchase hay nets for existing feeder structures.
Here’s what one parent said about her son’s special project experience …
Now we all know where to go on the ranch, thanks to Wyatt Bradfield and Troop 854!
Wow! Thank you Jake Reynolds and Troop 845!
Jake Reynolds of Scout Troop 845 completed a two-phase project for his Eagle Scout badge with the support of his family and many friends.
In October, the metal fence area viewed in the photographs, were wired brushed and anti-corrosion spray applied where necessary. Then the bars were painted low gloss white. In November, Jake supervised the spreading and leveling of 8 cubic feet of rock-free dirt in the barn walkway. This will ensure safer and improved footing for people and our equine family. All mats were cleaned-off and repositioned to the edge of each stall.
Thank you very much, Jake, for choosing Promise Ranch to earn your Eagle Scout badge as grounds improvement is a constant time-consuming endeavor on our beautiful property.
Thank you Rock Canyon High School Seniors!
Robert Herting and Troop 280
Robert Herting, his scout mates from Troop 280, and parents made important safety and beautification improvements at Promise Ranch on Saturday, August 17. He successfully received donations for the purchase of pea gravel which was spread throughout turnout and stall openings. Three rubber blue barrels were bought and numbers painted on for riding instruction. The boys sanded down and painted white all the cavalletti. The ranch also now sports a fresh coat of white paint on the outdoor metal table and four chairs.
Thanks to Robert’s collection drive and Scout Troop 280, they were able to upgrade to pea gravel! The collection drive took place at King Soopers on Lincoln Road in Parker and PRTR is the beneficiary of the following much needed supplies: 331 paper towel rolls, 862 rolls of toilet paper, 29 packages of napkins, 263 tissue boxes, 653 cans of cat food, and 113 hand soap containers! A big shout-out to Robert and Gregory Herting, Preston Holt, Jason Westbarn, and Mr. and Mrs. Herting.
Robert was an excellent planner and leader in directing his peers through his multi-prong projects for Promise Ranch. Thank You!